Monday, January 28, 2008

Saying Goodbye

I'm very busy doing all the things I'm supposed to be doing before making a big move. This includes sharing lunches, dinners, and goodbyes. It started with an informal happy hour, progressed to a night out with friends, led to a dinner party, and is ending with me sharing every meal with someone. Under normal circumstances this would be great...there is nothing I love more than food and friends. However, this is starting to get depressing. I know that some of these people I will never see again. That is hard to grasp...particularly those that have had such an incredible impact on my life. What is worse is trying to express my feelings. I try to be serious, and people just turn it into a joke. I'm trying to figure out if goodbyes are just awkward, or if I'm just not the type of person people want to be serious with. Is this something I should change? Seriously, is it me?

Either way, to everyone in the Hoosier State: thank you. If you have found your way here, you have impacted me in some way. I will miss you dearly and I hope you understand that my biggest stress in all of this is that I won't have easy access to all of you. To the Minnesotans out there: you have big shoes to fill, but I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Feeling strangely sentimental this evening...

1 comment:

Jen Rice said...

If only you knew when writing this entry that the next evening you'd witness a crazy woman at Qdoba, be running through a parking lot being pelted with hail, face a tornado warning,get to see the building I work in and drive home in half darkness preparing for the next day's "winter storm."

haha, our adventures through the years, especially your last year in college and my second, have been a blast. I'll certainly miss having those opportunities to be stupid goofy and ponder what lies ahead of us.

But, I know you're well on a road that you need to go on... It's great to see your spark, wit and just you come alive again... I think I speak for more people than myself when I say this... we've missed ya.

Miss you already but it's great to know you're only a phone call away.... even if it includes you frustrated with putting together cabinets.. :)

P.S. you need to give me your new mailing address. :)

love ya lady
- Jen