Sunday, January 20, 2008

Packing Up!


I've come to find that packing for this little journey is tough for Baylee (my fur-baby) too! On one trip back from Minneapolis we stopped at a gas station so I could fill up and she could have a potty break, but the pavement was so cold she tried walking only on three legs, alternating which foot she kept elevated for warmth. I felt so bad and knew that it would probably get worse.

Yesterday, while wandering PetSmart waiting for her grooming appointment to finish, I came upon these little doggy boots in size extra small. They were on sale for half price, so I figured it was worth a shot. We picked up a matching sweater (hey, it was on sale too!) and headed home to try them on.

Baylee likes to dress up. I kid you not, this spoiled dog likes to put on her coats, sweaters, new collars...she just likes to be cute. The boots were no exception. She just kind of rolled over and put her feet in the air. Anyway, the boots were insanely cute and funny, but we need to practice our walk. This video was taken after she had gotten over the initial shock:




As you can see, we still have some work to do. Still, she's ready for the "negative degree" temperatures and I got a very good laugh out of her misery.

Now I get to spend the rest of my day preparing for the next journey. I need an oil change, to take a load of clothes to the cleaner, another load to Goodwill, and pack up the remaining kitchen items. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you have officially turned Baylee into a band geek. All I can say is LEFT, LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT. I think she is trying to march! She is too cute!