Thursday, March 27, 2008

Traveling

After a quick trip to the Carolinas I headed to Vegas for an auction. I just got home, but tomorrow I leave for Nebraska for yet another money-making experience. Money is good. Being away from home is not...that's right, home. This really does feel like home, and I couldn't be more excited about it. We have a great little routine here. I make dinner, Nate does the dishes, Baylee cleans any dropped food off the floor.

In other news, my iPod was declared dead by the genius at the Apple store's Genius Bar. Lucky for me my mom gave me my birthday present early: an iPod nano. While it doesn't hold as much as my previous model, it is compatible with the Nike+ system. For those not familiar, it is a "training" system for runners (for a neat-o video, click here). I have had my eyes on this system for a while, but it would have meant buying a new iPod, shoes, the transmitter, AND the arm band. OY. Since Mom provided the iPod, I just needed the three remaining items. The transmitter itself was only $30. I found the arm band on sale...the only piece remaining was the shoes that accept the Nike+ transmitter. This leads me to my next subject:

I set out to find Nike+ shoes on sale. Not an easy task. All major retailer's prices started at $90. I decided to search at T J Maxx and Marshall's stores. As I was searching for locations, I discovered that there was a Marshall's in the Mall of America. YAY! While rummaging through the "stuff" at that Marshall's, someone asked an associate where the Nordstrom Rack was. That's right kids, the Mall of America not only has all your over-priced retail favorites, but also has my favorite discount stores! I practically skipped to the Nordstrom Rack where I quickly found a pair of Nike+ shoes in my size, on sale. Seriously. I am quickly discovering that the Mall of America, even though it is a suburban tourist trap, might just be one of my favorite things about this place. You can get everything you want under one roof...on sale. DSW, Marshall's, Nordstrom Rack...great places to start before you go to another store and pay full price. Anyway, I am now the proud owner of the Nike+ system. The weather is also bearable for running, so I will soon look like a marathoner...just watch.

Well kids, it is time for me to finish folding laundry so I can head to WalMart for some pre-travel necessities. I hope everyone is as happy and well as I am :-)

1 comment:

Jen Rice said...

Hey miss stylish thang running with her ipod Nike system. That's cool! I've been trying to stay on task and working out at least 4 times a week and I often find myself doing routines that we created when we would force ourselves out of bed those early mornings to go to the gym and get our daily protein of eggs at Noyer. haha. Miss ya girl!