Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July Weekend

Nate and I were fortunate to have 4th of July plans with his family at their lake place this year. The following is a brief photo and video account of our incredibly relaxing weekend.



Here is Nate after not shaving for three days. He thinks he looks rugged and manly :-) We spent most of Saturday afternoon on the Mullens' boat getting tan...



...or in my case, burnt. You can't tell here, but by Saturday evening, my legs were bright red. Oh well, I was having too much fun.





Meet Clara, Chris and Shelly's new addition. She is 6-weeks old now and the cutest thing you have ever seen. She spent most of the weekend in Grandma's arms, which gave Shelly a well deserved break.

The weekend, however, was really all about the dogs. Baylee and Chloe have become great friends and are very entertaining. They spent the weekend chasing each other and wrestling as can be seen here:




Baylee, our usually lazy pup, was active all week, with the exception of this moment. Nate was preparing for a little nap, and Baylee couldn't fight the urge to relax too.



And whatever Baylee does, Chloe must also do. Within a minute, Chloe also found a spot on Nate where they all shared their nap.

Baylee has been sleeping since we got home. Poor little thing is still recovering. I think I may still be recovering too...still feeling lazy. Still, I need to focus. It sounds like I may have my fourth (and hopefully final?) interview for this job late this week. Cross your fingers and say a little prayer! I need all the help I can get!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What have you done to Baylee?? You have turned her into a dog!!!! Don't make me come up there and repo her!!!

Anonymous said...

i am glad you had a chance to unwind and relax!
love ya!
-angie